Open Position: Social Media Manager
Are you constantly on Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, WeChat, and Linkedin? Do you go through withdrawals when your phone battery dies? Do you love connecting with people and engaging in online conversations?
Let’s get one thing straight–you don’t have to be a social media guru or expert to apply for this position. If you’re a social media expert that’s fine, but we’re more interested in someone who learns fast on his or her own, will read books and articles on social media marketing with a voracious appetite, is clever, is organized, enjoys writing, is perhaps addicted to their smartphone and/or Internet, and most importantly–who cares. English skills must be impeccable, and if you have Mandarin or Canto skills that’s a big plus.
- Get to know clients so well you can adopt their voice and answer questions about their business.
- Manage social media accounts for clients.
- Communicate with clients to create social media content.
- Become a social media expert if you aren’t one already.
- Assist with creating proposals and agreements for social media management and marketing engagements.
- Think strategically and come up with creative social media campaigns for clients.
- Experience great, but not required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Social media addicts preferred.
- Language: Native English required, Mandarin skills a big plus.
How to apply:
Email us a link to your LinkedIn profile, along with a brief explanation of why you would do an awesome job in this position.
At MWI we don’t have employees, we have team members. We hire only A players, because B players hire C players, and we can’t afford to have C players working here. We have structures, systems, and processes to help team members work efficiently, but every member of the team is treated like a grown adult. We are a result-only work environment. We don’t clock-in or clock-out, we just get work done. We don’t have vacation or sick days–we don’t care when you work, how you work, or where you work, as long as the work gets done. Go work from the beach in Hawaii for a month if you want. Work four hours a day if you like, or only three days per week. As long as the work gets done and everybody’s happy (clients, team members, partners) then that’s what matters. When someone needs to take time off for sickness, a death in the family, or other unfortunate event, or a fortunate one like the birth of a child, we band together to make it work for everyone involved, and we don’t put a limit on the days, as long as it works for everyone (if you want seven years of paid maternity leave, that would be an example that probably wouldn’t work out).
We believe you get what you pay for, and we strive to hire the best and offer excellent compensation. We stress continuous improvement though training and education. We want to grow and give our team members opportunities to grow with us. The last thing we want is for a team member to feel bored. Are we the right fit for you? Are you the right fit for us? Let us know.