Open Position: Content Marketing/PR Manager
Here are some quick questions to help you know if this is the right position for you. Do you read 10+ articles per day? Do you write even when you don’t get paid for it, just because you love to write? Are you addicted to Copyblogger? Can you see yourself as the next Belle Cooper? Have you worked in an agency before and love clients? Are you currently in Singapore? Do you love managing a team? Do you have a black book of media contacts? Are there folks in the media whom you consider as your friends? Are you addicted to social media? Constantly on your phone? If your answers are all positive, you might be just who we’re looking for. Now, here’s the boilerplate.
- The most valuable skills you can have for this position are to be highly responsive and caring about clients. Do you routinely answer emails within minutes, if not within seconds? Do you go all out to make sure those you work with have what they need to succeed?
- Write thought leadership pieces and blog posts on behalf of clients. Pitch same to media.
- Assist in infographic strategy and media outreach.
- Create and manage social media campaigns.
- In conjunction with business development team members, meet with clients to gather requirements and assess their desires and objectives.
- Work with bizdev team and account managers to create service options and accompanying pricing.
- Pitch clients alongside the business development team.
- Communicate with clients on an ongoing basis via email, phone, and in person meetings.
- Present monthly reports to clients.
- Work with other MWI team members, including content marketers, copywriters, SEO and SEM experts, social media experts, web designers, and developers.
- Think strategically and come up with creative and profitable content marketing/PR campaigns for clients.
- Team leadership and hiring, helping build out the Singapore office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Language: Excellent English required, Cantonese and Mandarin speaking skills a big plus, as well as writing skills in either Traditional or Simplified Chinese.
- Familiarity with good principles of SEO, SEM, content marketing, social media, and analytics. Experience with PR and thought leadership. Relationships with the media a plus.
Compensation & Perks:
- Excellent pay.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Choose your own adventure. Sky’s the limit.
- Respect, training, control.
How to apply:
Email us a link to your LinkedIn profile, along with a brief explanation of why you would do an awesome job in this position.
At MWI we don’t have employees, we have team members. We hire only A players, because B players hire C players, and we can’t afford to have C players working here. We have structures, systems, and processes to help team members work efficiently. We are a result-only work environment. We don’t clock-in or clock-out, we just get work done. We don’t have vacation or sick days–we don’t care when you work, how you work, or where you work, as long as the work gets done. Go work from the beach in Hawaii for a month if you want. As long as the work gets done and everybody’s happy (clients, team members, partners) then that’s what matters. When someone needs to take time off for sickness, a death in the family, or other unfortunate event, or a fortunate one like the birth of a child, we band together to make it work for everyone involved, and we don’t put a limit on the days, as long as it works for everyone (if you want seven years of paid maternity leave, that would be an example that probably wouldn’t work out).
We believe you get what you pay for, and we strive to hire the best and offer excellent compensation. We stress continuous improvement though training and education. We want to grow and give our team members opportunities to grow with us. The last thing we want is for a team member to feel bored. Are we the right fit for you? Are you the right fit for us? Let us know.