Open Position: Business Development Manager
Do you love sales? Do you love the thrill of the chase and closing deals? Do you love the art of the pitch? Do you read every new sales book that comes out? Are you a fan of Brian Tracy and Michael Port? If that’s you, we want you on our team. The job requirements? Be honest, and have a proven track record of selling services. The responsibilities? Close great deals.
Here are some more details, if the above isn’t enough.
- Respond to inbound leads within minutes, get the potential client on the phone, qualify him or her, and gather requirements to put together a proposal.
- Communicate with project manager and other technical staff to create proposals for potential clients.
- Pitch clients and close deals through aggressive-yet-not-pushy follow up.
- Prospect for and build a portfolio of client accounts in the Singapore market.
- Harvest referrals from existing clients.
- Develop and refine the business development process.
- Become an expert in online marketing (prior experience a plus but not required).
- Maintain relationships with clients.
- Experience in sales role with proven track record.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Love of networking and getting to meet new people.
- Language: Native English required, Mandarin skills a big plus.
How to apply:
Email us a link to your LinkedIn profile, along with a brief explanation of why you would do an awesome job in this position.
At MWI we don’t have employees, we have team members. We hire only A players, because B players hire C players, and we can’t afford to have C players working here. We have structures, systems, and processes to help team members work efficiently. We are a result-only work environment. We don’t clock-in or clock-out, we just get work done. We don’t have vacation or sick days–we don’t care when you work, how you work, or where you work, as long as the work gets done. Go work from the beach in Hawaii for a month if you want. As long as the work gets done and everybody’s happy (clients, team members, partners) then that’s what matters. When someone needs to take time off for sickness, a death in the family, or other unfortunate event, or a fortunate one like the birth of a child, we band together to make it work for everyone involved, and we don’t put a limit on the days, as long as it works for everyone (if you want seven years of paid maternity leave, that would be an example that probably wouldn’t work out).
We believe you get what you pay for, and we strive to hire the best and offer excellent compensation. We stress continuous improvement though training and education. We want to grow and give our team members opportunities to grow with us. The last thing we want is for a team member to feel bored. Are we the right fit for you? Are you the right fit for us? Let us know.