Open Position: Web Developer
Location: Hong Kong
As a web developer for our Hong Kong office you’ll be developing creative solutions for MWI clients, solving problems and challenges in real time as they come up, doing things that have never been done before, amazing everyone with your coding skills, and becoming Internet-famous. Plus working with awesome people who are just as excited as you are about changing the world.
- Meet with clients to gather requirements and assess their objectives.
- Communicate with clients during the pre-development and development stages of a project, including making presentations individually or as part of a team.
- Work with other MWI employees, including copywriters, UX designers, web designers, and other coders.
- Assist with creating proposals and agreements for web development engagements.
- Think strategically and come up with creative and elegant solutions for clients.
- Develop, debug, and assist with development tasks.
- Own projects from conception to completion.
- 5+ years experience developing public-facing websites.
- Experience with jQuery, Prototype, AngularJS, Node.js.
- Familiarity with open source frameworks.
- Experience integrating with content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Coding addicts preferred.
- Language: Some English required.
- Familiarity with good principles of UX, front-end coding, and web design.
How to apply:
Email us a link to your Linkedin, Github, or other relevant accounts, along with a brief explanation of why you would do an awesome job in this position.
At MWI we don’t have employees, we have team members. We hire only A players, because B players hire C players, and we can’t afford to have C players working here. We have structures, systems, and processes to help team members work efficiently, but every member of the team is treated like a grown adult. We are a result-only work environment. We don’t clock-in or clock-out, we just get work done. We don’t have vacation or sick days–we don’t care when you work, how you work, or where you work, as long as the work gets done. Go work from the beach in Hawaii for a month if you want. Work four hours a day if you like, or only three days per week. As long as the work gets done and everybody’s happy (clients, team members, partners) then that’s what matters. When someone needs to take time off for sickness, a death in the family, or other unfortunate event, or a fortunate one like the birth of a child, we band together to make it work for everyone involved, and we don’t put a limit on the days, as long as it works for everyone (if you want seven years of paid maternity leave, that would be an example that probably wouldn’t work out).
We believe you get what you pay for, and we strive to hire the best and offer excellent compensation. We stress continuous improvement though training and education. We want to grow and give our team members opportunities to grow with us. The last thing we want is for a team member to feel bored. Are we the right fit for you? Are you the right fit for us? Let us know.