Open Position: UX Designer
Location: Hong Kong
Are you frustrated with almost every website you use? Do you keep thinking “Good heavens, why are there so many clicks, this isn’t that hard to fix…” or “Why in the world did they put that over there?” Do you love working in black and white? If you’re a lover of good user experience design and know how to create it, we respect you. We want you. We need you. Come talk with us.
- Meet with clients to gather requirements and assess their desires and objectives.
- Translate client requirements into elegant, intuitive and engaging experiences.
- Communicate with clients during the user experience design process, including making presentations.
- Work with other MWI employees, including copywriters, web designers, and coders.
- Assist with creating proposals and agreements for engagements involving user experience design.
- Think strategically and come up with creative UX designs for clients.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- UX design addicts preferred.
- Language: Some English required.
- Familiarity with good principles of web design, front-end coding, and programming.
How to apply:
Email us a link to your Linkedin profile, an online portfolio, or somehow show us your work, along with a brief explanation of why you would do an awesome job in this position.
At MWI we don’t have employees, we have team members. We hire only A players, because B players hire C players, and we can’t afford to have C players working here. We have structures, systems, and processes to help team members work efficiently. We are a result-only work environment. We don’t clock-in or clock-out, we just get work done. We don’t have vacation or sick days–we don’t care when you work, how you work, or where you work, as long as the work gets done. Go work from the beach in Hawaii for a month if you want. As long as the work gets done and everybody’s happy (clients, team members, partners) then that’s what matters. When someone needs to take time off for sickness, a death in the family, or other unfortunate event, or a fortunate one like the birth of a child, we band together to make it work for everyone involved, and we don’t put a limit on the days, as long as it works for everyone (if you want seven years of paid maternity leave, that would be an example that probably wouldn’t work out).
We believe you get what you pay for, and we strive to hire the best and offer excellent compensation. We stress continuous improvement though training and education. We want to grow and give our team members opportunities to grow with us. The last thing we want is for a team member to feel bored. Are we the right fit for you? Are you the right fit for us? Let us know.