Open Position: Strategic Account Manager
Location: Hong Kong
Do you thrive on turning chaos into fine tuned organization? Are you detail oriented? A stickler for documentation and process? Do you love dealing with people and solving their problems? Do you get energized knowing that if you don’t get things done, nobody else will? We are seeking an account manager with experience working in an agency environment–preferably a digital marketing agency. Here’s a quick test that might help you to know if this is the right place for you. Which of these sentences can you see yourself saying?
- “Let me know what I can do to help.”
- “I’ve identified three things you need done, how would you prefer I prioritize these?”
- “I identified three things you need done. I’ve completed the first one, which seemed to be the most important, and will have the other two done tomorrow. Let me know if you have any feedback for me.”
These are all good things for a team member to say, but we hire people who embody the third one. We don’t hire people who wait for instruction. We try not to hire people who are halfway proactive, but then still wait for direction. We hire people who see what needs to be done and do it. If that’s you, talk to us.
- Keep clients happy.
- Keep implementation team happy (you are the liaison between clients and the implementation team).
- Answer emails within minutes.
- Communicate with clients proactively.
- In conjunction with business development team members, meet with clients to gather requirements and assess objectives.
- Perform research to create service options and accompanying pricing.
- Pitch clients alongside the business development team.
- Communicate with clients on an ongoing basis via email, phone, and in person meetings.
- Prepare and present monthly reports to clients.
- Work with other MWI team members, including content marketers, copywriters, SEO and SEM experts, social media experts, web designers, and developers.
- Think strategically and create profitable online marketing campaigns for clients.
- 2+ years prior experience in an agency account management role (PR, advertising, marketing, etc.).
- Strong references.
- Demonstrated history of excellent customer service.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Language: Excellent English required, Cantonese and Mandarin speaking skills a big plus, as well as writing skills in either Traditional or Simplified Chinese.
- Familiarity with good principles of SEO, SEM, content marketing, social media, and analytics. Experience with PR and thought leadership. Relationships with the media a plus.
Compensation & Perks:
- Excellent pay.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Choose your own adventure. Sky’s the limit.
- Respect, training, control.
How to apply:
Email us a link to your Linkedin profile, along with a brief explanation of why you would do an awesome job in this position.
At MWI we don’t have employees, we have team members. We hire only A players, because B players hire C players, and we can’t afford to have C players working here. We have structures, systems, and processes to help team members work efficiently. We are a result-only work environment. We don’t clock-in or clock-out, we just get work done. We don’t have vacation or sick days–we don’t care when you work, how you work, or where you work, as long as the work gets done. Go work from the beach in Hawaii for a month if you want. As long as the work gets done and everybody’s happy (clients, team members, partners) then that’s what matters. When someone needs to take time off for sickness, a death in the family, or other unfortunate event, or a fortunate one like the birth of a child, we band together to make it work for everyone involved, and we don’t put a limit on the days, as long as it works for everyone (if you want seven years of paid maternity leave, that would be an example that probably wouldn’t work out).
We believe you get what you pay for, and we strive to hire the best and offer excellent compensation. We stress continuous improvement though training and education. We want to grow and give our team members opportunities to grow with us. The last thing we want is for a team member to feel bored. Are we the right fit for you? Are you the right fit for us? Let us know.